HOW TO MAKE DORITO TACO SALAD
This classic is a wonderful blast from the past! Dorito taco salad was a staple in the 80s, and any kid of that decade will confirm consuming it more than once. It’s a simple meal for supper, but it usually goes over well at parties and is a dish that everyone loves.
This popular taco salad dish is an absolute need for any cookout, party, or family supper on Taco Tuesday. Everyone, from children to adults, enjoys the extraordinary blend of tastes and textures in this recipe. What’s more, it just takes around 15 minutes to prepare and is a delicious and filling supper.
This meal is likely to be a hit no matter where you serve it—at a social gathering, in your own house for supper, or anywhere in between. Who wouldn’t want a salad that combined Doritos and tacos in a dish that was still good for their waistline?
TO PREPARE OUR FAVORITE TACO SALAD WITH DORITOS, YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS:
- Ground beef; I used 1 pound.
- Taco seasoning; you’ll need 1 packet.
- ⅔ Cup.Of water.
- A medium head.Of lettuce – chopped.
- A sweet diced onion.
- Canned kidney beans; I used a 16-ounce can drained.
- Canned corn; I used a 16-ounces can drained.
- 2 chopped tomatoes – large.
- 1 ½ Cups.Of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Doritos Nacho Cheese tortilla chips, I used 3 cups coarsely crushed.
- Creamy French salad dressing.
• 1st Step – In a large pan heated over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef until there is no longer any pink color in the meat. Drain and put back in the pan. Combine taco seasoning mix with water and stir.
• 2nd Step – Bring to a boil, then decrease the heat to medium and continue to simmer the mixture uncovered for three to four minutes while stirring it often until it has thickened. Put to the side to slightly cool down while you prepare the other ingredients of the dish.
• 3rd Step – In a big bowl, add the chopped lettuce, ten to this add the diced onion, canned corn, canned beans, chopped tomatoes, and shredded cheese, then mix everything together to have a well-blended mixture.
• 4th Step – Mix in the ground beef along with the Doritos and the dressing. To incorporate everything, give it a little toss, and then serve it up right away.